Production Assistant at Susan Rifkin Jewelry Designs
Design | Greater Philadelphia Area, US
Apparel & accessories designer with a broad range of skills including textile and trim design, screen printing, styling, technical design, and patternmaking as well seamstress experience. Entrepreneurial spirit with an attention to detail, excellent communication skills and an intense passion for all aspects of the design process and development of a line.
Specialties: Apparel & Accessory Design & Production, Graphic & Trim Design, CAD Design, Technical Design, Patternmaking, Sewing, Screen Printing, Styling & Costuming
2011 - Present
Production Assistant / Susan Rifkin Jewelry Designs
-Handmade delicate wire wrapped and leather jewelry
-Designed and created new handmade findings
-Brand representative at trade shows including The Buyers Market of American Craft and NYIGF
-Sales Assistant at local retail shows.
2009 - Present
Owner/Designer / Cat Horn
- Designs and Produces fashion jewelry and accessories for Etsy shop and wholesale.
- Styles and photographs all items for Etsy shop listings and other media.
- Designs all print media for advertising campaigns.
- Manages all marketing campaigns online and offline media and networking
- Manages day to day running of business including finances.
Freelance Design Assistant / Very Bad Horse
- Created presentation boards and look book
- Sketched CAD artwork for new line
--Created tech packs
-Assisted the designer in constructing sample garments.
Jewelry Production / Michelle Pressler Jewelry
- Handcrafted intricate wire wrapped jewelry
Senior Assistant Designer / Golden Touch Imports
- Sketched technical flats and CAD artwork
- Designed repeat prints, placement prints, labels, and trims, including embroidery and embellishment layouts
- Selected and sourced trims and novelty accent fabrics.
- Managed fabric libraries for each season.
- Created detailed tech and production packages
- Managed creation, delivery, and approval of development samples with overseas factories
- Created illustrator brush, symbol, and swatch libraries for assistant technical designers.
- Trained and managed assistant technical designers.
Seamstress / Marianne Krostyne's Costume Studio
- Constructed full period costumes for the History channel Movie, Desperate Crossings & for the Washington DC Opera House
Assistant to the Designer / Paula Hian Designs
- Assisted Head Patternmaker create sample and graded patterns for new styles.
- Prepared and cut fabric for new samples.
- Ordered, received, and coordinated payments for fabrics, trimmings, and embroideries from overseas vendors.
- Processed and tracked alterations and special orders for customers.
- Managed and organized fabric library.
- Calculated materials cost for new styles
- Supervised new interns.
Gown displayed at the International Textile & Apparel Association Design Exhibition in November 2005
Writing a blog about fashion, crafting, and recipes, Yoga, Photography, Biking, Acting, Gardening